I fully believe in shimmer. A dab on the cheekbones, in the arch of the eyebrow, or the inner corner of the eyes can do wonders for a Dull Face Day. What’s a Dull Face Day, you ask? You know what it is… One of those days where your skin is rebelling in 15 various ways, you need 6 more hours of sleep, and you could probably stand to drink a gallon of water every hour. One of those days.
Bring on the highlighters.
The NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam was introduced around the beginning of the year and has been sitting around my desk since I purchased it. I’ve used it a few times and have come to several conclusions:
- I appreciate a break from my usual powder highlighters on occasion and find this option easy to use and to blend.
- It doesn’t have straight-up glitter, but it’s perilously close to having chunks, and a chunky highlighter equals no bueno.
- I don’t care for how it looks blended into my foundation, but like the effect it gives when strategically applied with my fingers.
- Though the color appears to be a light pink, no color shows on the skin, just shimmer, making it useful for almost all skin tones.
- Over my cream foundations, this product wears a standard 6-8 hours before fading into the night.
Highlighters are one of those products that can go wrong very, very quickly. Too large of particles leave every pore visible from a 20-yard distance. Too much pigment and you have an extra stripe of color on your face. And too much shimmer/glitter in general and you look like a showgirl. There’s a very fine line here, folks.
Sunbeam walks the line well enough to make the $6.99 price tag well worth it, especially since it will work for so many skin tones. As I go through it, I’ll let you know if I would repurchase it or not. Find this product at Ulta and at NYXCosmetics.com
HAPPY FRIDAY! Any amazing weekend plans I can live vicariously through?